Friday, April 19, 2013

Playing Dress Up - with the Blue Fern Studios


Happy Friday.  Jennifer Snyder here today to show you how I dressed up some Blue Fern chippies.


Playing Dress Up
This first layout is just dressing up the gorgeous ornate Blue Fern Sweetheart Dressform.  I painted it with some pale yellow acrylic paint and adorned it with gold tulle.  I wanted to emulate the tulle or georgette dress in the vintage photo.

Sweetheart Dressform Model 074574

I topped the neckline with glitter glue.  



Here are some of the simple flowers I made to look like the simple flowers in the patterned paper. 


Our Special Day
This is my next piece featuring a few different pieces of Blue Fern.

I used the Heart Set, which is so elegant and exquisite.  They can easily be tucked into clusters or featured on their own.  They can be layered or stand strong as individual pieces.   

These are the Blue Fern Studios pieces I used:
Heart Set Model: 074417

I have found the Cupids to be the perfect size for any reason and not just Valentines Day. 

 Valentine Cupids Model: 074769

I painted my chipboard with gesso to prime them.  They don't need priming, but I wanted them light because I was going to be painting them with a pale pink.  A nice base coat of  white creates a clean finished look for what I was trying to present.  

I then painted the hearts with light pink acrylic.  After they dried, I dabbed here and there with clear glossy paint and sprinkled with micro beads.  I also used some lace to back one of the hearts. 

After the hearts were dry, I rubbed some gold leaf wax on the edges of the chipboard and all over the page. 


 This beautiful ornate heart has a little white acrylic dabbed here and there to soften a bit.  The design is just so striking.   You can see how the gold leaf wax ( Rub N Buff) just adds a little extra elegance to the heart. 

Here is my darling little Cupid of love. He is sitting top one of the Blue Fern Hearts.  This heart has lace on the front of it. 

The Cupid is covered in chunky embossing enamel  and both heart and cupid have a little Rub N Buff on them also.  

You can also see the generous coating of Rub N Buff on the paper. 



Thanks so very much for stopping at Blue Fern Studios.

4 comments:

  1. Waauw, beautiful projects.xxxSara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow these are simply stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup! both of your projects are so elegant and exquisite, such wonderful romantic feel to them. Super cute little cupid and totally fabbo with your treatment of the hearts! xoxo

    ReplyDelete