Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Snow Fun-with Vintage Christmas by Keren Tamir



Hello everyone,
It's Keren here with my November post for Blue Fern Studios.
As you might have seen already, Blue Fern Studios has released a brand new collection called Vintage Christmas. Its a beautiful holiday and wintery paper collection and it was perfect for scrapbooking last year's winter photos. I used it for both of these layouts.

"Snow Angel"

For this background I used the "Magical" paper from the Vintage Christmas collection.


I'm not too fond of winter as I don't like feeling cold. However my kids love playing in the soft fluffy snow. Here is my daughter making snow angels on the snow. I framed her photo with the Snowflake Frame chipboard which I simply covered in white gesso. I wanted to create the most monochromatic layout I could so I could showcase the whiteness of winter. I used flowers and cheese cloth to enhance the feel of winter, too.


<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>

"Snow Sparkles"

For this background I used the "Auld Lang Syne" paper from the Vintage Christmas collection.


I framed my daughter's photo with the Holiday Frame. I primed it with white gesso and then sprinkled it with diamond dust to give it a snowflake texture feel. Finally I used some Imagine Ink Pyrite glitter to add some golden highlights around the frame and on the background.


I used the Blue Fern Studios Persimmon, white and golden spray to add some texture and sparkle to the background.


Finally I used the "Sparkles" chipboard word from the "Winter titles" set. It was sprayed with gold ink.



Thank you so much for visiting the Blue Fern Studios Blog
Have a wonderful day!!

Keren



No comments:

Post a Comment