Tuesday, April 18, 2017

April projects by Lydia Guijt

Hello Blue Fern Studios and Paper Friends.

This month I have 3 very different layouts for you.
Two of them are with the beautiful Spring Parade Collection and the third one is with one of my favorite collections Chesterville

Let's get started

Discover


When we took this tour through the Grand Canyon this Sunset was just amazing. I knew I had to scrapbook it.
I'm using the Market Place paper as my base. The Tattered News Print Stamp right now is one of my favorite stamps and for this layout I used it to create some background interest. I chose one of my stencils and used paste to add more background details.


I wanted to use some straws for this layout to create a dramatic effect. The Turkish Bits pieces and Discover were embossed with Ebony embossing powder. 


The Layering Stems with Sea Mist embossing powder and topped with a layer of Caribbean Glitter. 


Behind my photo I put some smaller pieces from Spring Parade - Market Place and Sunday Best to create some layers. The straws already created some depth and helped with a nicely layered look. 


The beautiful Peony flower (Spring Peony and Berries) is quite big and is perfect to take apart and use in parts. Filling up the rest of the layout with some more flowers and embellishments. Some beads, micro beads and splatters to finish of the layout and we're all done.


Paper
Spring Parade : Market Place, Sunday Best
Chipboard
Turkish Bits, Layering Stems, Journey, Explore, Discover
Embossing Powder 
Sea Mist, Ebony
Glitter
Caribbean
Stamps
Tattered News Print
Flowers 
Spring Peony and Berries
  
Memories


For my second layout I'm going a little more classic. The base is Spring Parade - Sun Rise. Although in the corner it has an Easter theme. By covering it up. You can make it into whatever you chose it to be. I found the saying on Attic Charm - Calling Cards and went from there.


For the background I used the Tattered News Print Stamp to create interest around the page with Antique Gold Embossing Powder.


The Blooming Curls,  Whimsy Flourishes and Leafy Page Accents chipboard pieces all got embossed with Oatmeal embossing powder with the flowers on the Blooming Curls piece in Pink Dust.


I positioned all the pieces and started adding a variety of Blue Fern Studios flowers, Spring Florals, Soft Blossoms, Late Winter Lilies, together with some pieces of lace, ribbon and other embellishments. Some finishing touches with pearls, art stones and beads.


Paper
Spring Parade : Sun Rise 
Attic Charm : Calling Cards
Chipboard
Blooming Curls, Whimsy Flourishes, Leafy Page Accents
Embossing Powder 
Antique Gold, Pink Dust, Oatmeal
Stamps
Tattered News Print
Flowers 
Spring Florals, Soft Blossoms, Late Winter Lilies


Journey


My third and last layout for this month is a more masculine layout using the Chesterville collection.
This collection is just perfect for layouts like this.


I used Chesterville - Keswick as the base and started preparing my page with clear gesso. Then used the Tattered News Print stamp around the page. Next I got out 2 stencils and a combination of pastes to create some interest. Since I'm going for a metallic look. I used gold, silver and graphite. Continuing with splatter inks. Now that the background is all done it's time to get the chipboard pieces prepared. 


Circuitry and Discovery are embossed in Sand and Sea with a sprinkle of  Antique Gold here and there. The Faucets in Black Sand. Putting it all together on the page creating some layers with Chesterville : Keswick, Chester pieces. Some flowers from the Chesterville BloomsHarvest Lilies and other embellishments to complete the look. 


Paper
Chesterville : Keswick, Chester, 
Chipboard
Circuitry, Faucets, Journey, Explore, Discover
Embossing Powder 
Black Sand, Antique Gold, Sand and Sea
Stamps
Tattered News Print
Flowers 
Chesterville Blooms, Harvest Lilies

I hope you liked the 3 completely different styles this month I created for you.
Looking forward to showing you more next month. 

Thank you for stopping by today!
Have a great day!

Lydia 

No comments:

Post a Comment