Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Easter Joy by Patty Rogers

As we approach Easter, our Blue Fern Fan of the month, Patty Rogers, has an adorable Easter layout to share, using paper and chipboard from the Spring Parade Collection.  I'll let Patty fill you in on all the details:


Hi everyone! It's Patty Rogers again to share a layout I created with the beautiful Spring Parade collection. I wanted to use this photo of my two children as they were enjoying Easter Sunday. Don't you love the Spring Bunny chipboard frame?  The charming little bunny and its size are perfect for the trend in scrapbooking to use a small photo. 



For this piece, I used a variety of papers from Spring Parade (Market Place, April Medley, Sunrise, Susie's Garden and Spring Parade). The stripes in Sunrise paper begged for a horizontal or vertical design.  I used an inking sponge to darken the paper a little behind the area of interest to draw attention to that area and to make it pop. 


Some of the background work that I did can be seen here. First, I used Essential Textures stamp to play up the brick wall seen in the photo.  For the embossing, I used Lavender Eggs, Snow, and Sea Mist and added sprinkles of the brand new Spring Posy glitter! Also, I added a few splatters of gesso. 


This beautiful little girl is one of the many reasons I love Blue Fern Studios products! I fussy cut and popped her up for dimension. Also used here is Garden Lattice Bits chipboard in the background. I seem to be hopelessly addicted to dimension, texture and beautiful paper! 

 Flowers used here are the Spring Florals and Spring Peony and Berries. I painted a bit of gesso on the flowers to give them a lighter feel. 


Thanks for stopping by. See you next time!

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!! Love the placement of the fussy cuts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lisa! There were so many levels that I had a lot of choices regarding placement, making the design challenging and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful, Patty! You know I'm always blown away by your work! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carrie! I appreciate your support and kind words!

      Delete