Wednesday, April 19, 2017

"Happiness" by our Fan of the Month

It's Wednesday, so we are back with another layout from our Fan of the Month, Patty Rogers.
This week, she has created this sweet Easter layout.  We will let Patty tell you all about it.


Hi everyone! It's Patty again with another layout for the Spring Parade collection. I enjoyed working with these Blue Fern Studio Products so much that I made a process video while working on this piece. You can watch it below.

>


You can see some of the layering and distressing in the photo below. The title word, "Happiness" is from the Good Vibes chipboard set. I love the way it gracefully curves over the photo so beautifully.



You can see where I tore the papers diagonally and popped them up. I may have had
too much fun with my layering, if there is such a thing!  Using a stencil and modeling paste,
I added texture to the background before splattering gold paint.



Here, you can see the pretty egg chipboard pieces. They are lovely and I thought it
would be perfect to hang them by a chain that I stamped on the background paper.
The chain stamp is from the "Forever" clear stamp.



Fussy cutting appears on most of my work and the little bunny from "Spring Parade" is adorable!
 To me, it is important to not allow the white middle part of the paper to be seen,
so I use markers to blend the colors along the edges.



I decided to use "Bits of Honey" on this layout and when working with the little hexagons, I was inspired to use them in a different way than ever before. The little hexagon had already been embossed and I was holding it with my tweezers when it jumped up and landed on a piece of cheese cloth! Brilliant! I glued it to the cheesecloth! Perhaps it was divine intervention...or maybe there was simply too much pressure from the tweezers! Too bad I can't take credit for that 3-D inspiration! It looked as if it was floating, so I did the same with two more hexagonal pieces.



Hope you enjoy the process video.....see you next time!......Patty

2 comments: