Friday, April 7, 2017

Meet our April Blue Fern Fan of the Month!

We are thrilled to announce our April Blue Fern Fan of the Month - the amazing Patty Rogers!  Patty is a true fan of everything Blue Fern.  If you stop by her blog, you will see pages of beautiful layouts using our products.  This month, we have the pleasure of sharing some of Patty's layouts with you.  Each week, we will have a new layout from her using the Spring Parade Collection.  She has some wonderful projects planned.  

For now, we will turn it over to Patty so you can get to know her and her creative process a little better.


My name is Patty Rogers, also known as A Sassy Scrapper in the world of Paper Crafting. My husband and I live in Texas, United States, where we met at Texas Christian University, as
 I majored in education and minored in art. Although our two children are grown now, I still enjoy doing layouts about them at any stage of their lives. 

Over the past twenty years, I have had several paradigm shifts in my style, and know that I am ever changing and improving in my work (read "play" here). I keep up with the latest supplies and trends and find that a romantic look is the style I enjoy creating most of all. I became interested in the artistic side of this “craft” a few years back, and love all the fun I have had with embossing, layering, painting, dimension and texture. My work is definitely considered multimedia.  

I love Blue Fern Studios products, and have been using them since 2011 while on a design team that carried their amazing products. I especially like that the quality and beauty of their paper is perfect for my style of scrapbooking and that their chipboard, flowers, stamps and embossing powders are perfectly coordinated. I am a hopeless Blue Fern Studio Fan! 


For this layout, I chose to use the Chesterville Shelf along with Good Vibes for a title, and Bits of Honey chipboard pieces as a backdrop.  Also used here are June and Market Place papers from the Spring Parade Collection, Pink Dust and Lavender Eggs embossing powders, and Spring Posy glitter.  

The flowers included are the gorgeous berries from Spring Peony and Berries, Spring Florals, Heartland Blossoms and Dark Tropic Lilies.  The colors in these Blue Fern Studios products were perfect for the Easter dress my daughter was wearing. It could not have been a better match!  


Techniques used for this layout included painting, heat embossing, tearing, 3 - D work, and crimping.  


Creating little clusters of the beautiful flowers brought it all together and made the layout very feminine.


One of my favorite techniques to use in a layout is to add texture. Sometimes, I achieve that by using modeling paste and a stencil. Another way to get texture is to heat emboss. For an added touch here, I used a paper crimper to achieve the corrugated look under the photo. For me, there was not one minute during the creation of this layout that was not pure enjoyment!

13 comments:

  1. Elegant! Good creativity. Thank you for sharing your beautiful work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! The layout design, embellishments & colors are perfect for the adorable photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Debbie you certainly earned this privilege!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations,Fan of The Month! Lovely multi-media details, fabulous texture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous page, Patty! Congratulations on being Fan of the Month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie, thanks for your support!!! Big hugs!

      Delete
    2. Debbie, thanks for your support!!! Big hugs!

      Delete