Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Spring Parade and Chesterville Inspiration by Kris Berc

Hi, Blue Fern Studios friends and fans! It's Kris here to share my April layouts with you.

Cousins are Friends for Life

For my first layout, I chose chose two papers from the Spring Parade collection.  To treat the background, I flicked 5 different colors of spray, letting each color dry before adding the next.  I then added some texture paste through a stencil, and when dry, I added some contrast using black ink with the Serendipity Medley stamp.


I used the larger of the two hearts from the Frilly Hearts chipboard set to ground my photo.  It's embossed with Antique Gold embossing powder.


The title piece is embossed with the new Pink Dust powder.  It's such a pretty color!


I dabbed the flowers with a bit of gesso to blend everything together.


Below you can see a closeup of the background details.


Blue Fern Studios products used:

Paper
Spring Parade - June
Spring Parade - Remembrance

Chipboard
Cousins are Friends
Frilly Hearts

Embossing Powder
Antique Gold
Pink Dust

Stamp
Serendipity Medley

Flowers
Attic Charm Glitter Roses
Chesterville Florals
Spring Lilies

-------------------------

Everyday Moments

Here's another layout made with Spring Parade paper! I treated this one with 4 colors of spray and modeling paste through a stencil.  When dry, I added contrast with black ink and one of the Coarse Fabrics stamps.  Then I decided to randomly stamp the Forever stamp all over the page, sometimes horizontal and sometimes vertical.  I like the effect!


The title chipboard piece, Everyday Moments, is treated with two layers of Ebony embossing powder.


Oh this Beaded Flourish chipboard piece is really beautiful!  I chose the Icicle embossing powder for it.  It's a lovely color for such a lovely piece.


I also embossed some Turkish Bits chipboard pieces in Icicle powder.


All flowers were treated with dabs of gesso :)


Blue Fern Studios products used:

Paper
Spring Parade - Joyful
Spring Parade - Remembrance

Chipboard
Beaded Flourish
Everyday Moments
Turkish Bits

Embossing Powder
Ebony
Icicle

Stamp
Coarse Fabrics
Forever

Flowers
Attic Charm Glitter Roses
Courtship Roses
Dark Tropic Lilies
Heartland Blossoms

-------------------------

Dazzling

My last layout for today features awesome paper and chipboard from the Chesterville collection.  Oh how I love this paper!  I decided to make a girly, yet funky, page with it.  I treated the background with four colors of spray, a layer of modeling paste through a stencil, and some random stamping with a stamp from the Forever stamp set.


That cool abstract chipboard piece behind the photo is called Chesterville Doodle.  I embossed it with 14 Karat embossing powder.



This time I treated the flowers with a few drops of white spray.


Since I was going for a girly yet funky, grungy look, I added some lace and some burlap between the paper layers.


The Dazzling title piece from the Brilliant, Amazing, Dazzling chipboard set was treated with 2 layers of Ebony embossing powder.


One more detail shot!


Blue Fern Studios products used:

Paper
Chesterville - Holmes
Chesterville - Whitford

Chipboard
Brilliant, Amazing, Dazzling
Chesterville Doodle

Embossing Powder
14 Karat
Ebony

Stamp
Forever

Flowers
Heartland Blossoms
Spring Florals


Thank you for stopping by today.
I hope I have inspired you to create with your Blue Fern Studios products!

2 comments:

  1. Kris, what beautiful work! Love the mixed media and your attention to detail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kris, what beautiful work! Love the mixed media and your attention to detail!

    ReplyDelete