Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Pretty as a Picture by Lisa Landry

Today I'm very happy and excited to show you the second layout I've created 
as the Blue Fern Studios October Fan of the Month.

 This is my beautiful Mom when she was just 18 years old in 1948.
I knew this lovely photo would be perfect for the breathtaking page named 
Picturesque in the Blue Fern Studios Homespun collection!  



My designs always coordinate around pretty paper, rather than covering it up.  
That's exactly what I've done here.  Not only is the gorgeous paper a stand out, 
but so are all of the embellishments!

Every one of my creations has special meaning for me in some way.  This one of course is my dear mother, but also I noticed that she's wearing a pearl necklace.  I rummaged through the costume/faux jewelry pieces of hers and found a pearl necklace.  Some snippets from it really add a little bit more of 'her' in this layout.
  
I was especially excited to see things about sewing in this gorgeous Homespun collection.
My mother could sew very well and often made dresses for me when I was a child. 
She later made many of them for my daughter too.

I fussy cut & edge inked some ornate scissors from the Crafty page. 
They fit nicely at the bottom of the 'frame'.



On the Calling Cards page were lots of choices too.  The 'Simple Sewing Cards' is adorable and a great corner fit.  Also, how perfect it is to use the word 'Homemade'.  Homespun Bloom really dressed up these cute cards!



The photo is placed on cardboard for added dimension & then framed by a pretty floral piece that is found on the backside of the Picturesque page.  The beautiful Blue Fern chipboard piece, Royal Border, is heat embossed in Rusty Rose.  The entire piece was then lightly brushed with matte gel and heavily coated with Ruby Slippers glitter. I let this dry and set, then brushed off excess areas with my fingertip and a dry paint brush.  



Look how gorgeous it turned out.



I made two matching flower clusters for each side of the photo with the pretty Homespun Blooms.  Red Christmas berry picks were added to match the printed ones on the page.  
Blue Fern's beautiful flesh toned Lace 3 was the perfect size.



Blue Fern Products used:

Homespun paper - Picturesque, Calling Cards, Crafty 
Homespun Blooms 
Lace - Lace 3
Chipboard - Royal Border 
Imagine Ink Embossing Powder -  Rusty Rose
Imagine Ink Glitter - Ruby Slippers


Thank you so much for stopping by today.  I'm anxious to get started on next Wednesday's layout and I hope you'll be back to see it.  Have a great week everyone!
Lisa : )


3 comments: